Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Me

I went into WPPI hoping to greatly improve my photography skills, I walked out of the conference barely learning anything about photography, but yet my experience there brought me 10 steps forward.

I've sort of lived my entire life in fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of being hurt, fear of exposing the real me. Fear is a strange emotional response. At times it can greatly protect us, but many times it can destroy the person who we are meant to be. I am ready to take a deep breath and throw that fear behind. What do I have to lose? I'd much rather fail at something I love than succeed at something I hate. Success can never be achieved without failure.

Jasmine Star's seminar had tears oozing up in me a few times. Not because of her rags to riches story or her story about her mom battling cancer, but she made me realize that I'm selfish, insincere, and extremely narcissistic. I mask who I really am and reject the person who God himself created. Jasmine challenged us to Keep It Real and to put others before ourselves, Thanks to Jasmine for such genuine advice. I can tell it truly came from the deepest part of her heart.

So here are a couple of accountabilities for myself:
- Keep It Real! Be different, be me.
- Find as many ways to help others. GIVE GIVE GIVE and don't hold back.

As Jasmine puts it, Cheers to many more failures!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

here's to many more failures! it'll only make success all the more sweeter. =)

Selena said...

that is why i started my business :)

Post a Comment